DYL 5.74% $1.29 deep yellow limited

pdn ceo interviews in business inside today

1. 65 Posts.
    it is the post on PEN forum by Kennethgalbraith
    I paste it here because DYL was mentioned in the interview, hope Kennethgalbraith won't mind

here is the relevant part of the interview:

ALAN KOHLER: Have you got plenty of cash on hand?

JOHN BORSHOFF: Yes. We've got $250 million. We're getting into a cash-flow positive in the next quarter and on our projections we'll be doing very well for fiscal 12.

ALAN KOHLER: So are you seeing this volatility, this shake out, as an opportunity to pick up some more uranium deposits cheaply?

JOHN BORSHOFF: Yes, we ... I mean, our strategy is to strengthen ourselves as an independent - which we're the only one in the business - and I think the juniors will suffer quite a bit. And for the few remaining good projects that are around, I think it does make a good opportunity, particularly as we're going for increasing our production from existing projects that we have and strengthening our project pipeline for a future which we feel is assured.

ALAN KOHLER: You've got 20 per cent of Deep Yellow which has a deposit near yours ...

JOHN BORSHOFF: Yeah...

ALAN KOHLER: Do you think you'll buy more of that?

JOHN BORSHOFF: Well, it's always there. You know, we're always looking at results that are coming out of those properties that are adjacent to ours, and at the moment we're quite happy keeping the status quo.

ALAN KOHLER: Just talking to some of the junior explorers, that I've been doing, they're clearly worried because they have to raise a lot of money to develop the deposits that they've found, but the market?s now turned against them. Are you seeing that as further opportunity to take advantage of their distress, as it were?

JOHN BORSHOFF: Yeah. Oh look, that's the irony of it all. I believe the uranium prices will increase over the next three months. The shortages that are there cannot be discounted. The supply/demand dynamic is still there, and again, ironically enough, it'll strengthen Paladin's position, because I believe that the projects that are on line will come in later than sooner.

They are anyway coming in later, and with a skittish financial market that doesn't quite understand this complicated way in which uranium is sold, it'll make it difficult for the juniors without a profile in the business to get to raise enough funds.

ALAN KOHLER: So to sum up, you basically see this whole thing as an opportunity, do you?

JOHN BORSHOFF: I do, yes. I see it as a- as a situation where Paladin has been preparing itself to be in a situation where it's got two young growing mines producing, and there has been no new mining operations been established over the last 20 years.

Kazahkstan is the only performer, at Kazatomprom, and we think we're exceptionally well placed for a demand on the existing and growing fleets, which still remains largely uncovered.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DYL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.29
Change
0.070(5.74%)
Mkt cap ! $1.250B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.25 $1.31 $1.24 $17.46M 13.60M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 84785 $1.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.30 204653 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DYL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.