SPL 0.00% 9.7¢ starpharma holdings limited

Please a small dip tomorrow so I can get back in!!!, page-16

1. 962 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 82
    Indeed joojnno I've often thought of King Knut in his chair on the beach as the tide comes in and the impossibility he had to stop it, even turn it. Your comments are relevant indeed.

What we can consider here, I think, and comment is welcome, is that there are 2 cases (more maybe) to consider when someone sells a parcel of shares at a profit, in lets say a rising market:-

Case 1 Was the long term motive to retain the same quantity of shares having been sold. If this is the case it could be argued that no profit was made if the cost of "buying back" the shares was higher than the price at which they were sold. The investor will either have to accept a notional loss on buyback if the same quantity of shares are bought at this higher price or wait until/if they fall to an entry point sufficiently below the original sell price.

Case 2 It does not matter what is paid to "buy back" the shares if in fact the intention is to do no more than TRADE the parcel/s using the money liberated by the initial sale. The only thing that matters in this case is that the share bought, any share really, goes up in short time so it can be sold to make a profit and the sum of money just keeps going around in a circle making little profits on a buy/sell cycle.

It is nice to be chatting about a share that is going up for a change - about time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $40.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.8¢ 10.5¢ 9.6¢ $210.8K 2.098M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30408 9.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.7¢ 3523 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.