I've just found this thread and really enjoyed reading through...

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    I've just found this thread and really enjoyed reading through it. Thanks @madamswer in particular for your thoughts on current opportunities and your portfolio. I wanted to delve a little deeper into one of your comments, if that's OK?

"Conversely, if a stock is assessed by me to be fundamentally cheap, I buy it no matter what the prevailing "sentiment" is at the time. By way of demonstration, from a sentiment point of view, things look really bleak right now, but it is that bleakness which makes some truly wonderful businesses - the likes of ARB, BRG, CAR, CSL, COH, JHX, REA, REH, RMD, XRO - become available at prices far lower than they would other wise have been."

In your current research, I noticed you did not include healthcare or other "defensives" (not a fan of that term). Yet, in the quality bucket, you have a few healthcare companies, such as CSL, COH and RMD. Personally, I'm a big fan of CSL, though I find it generally trades at 'Quality at Any Price' levels rather than at 'Quality at a Reasonable Price'. I understand that the current valuations for these quality companies still remain too high for value investors. However, with the current conditions in the market, and large parts of the healthcare sector being down up to 75%, are you not interested in looking through the rubble for value opportunities in other parts of healthcare?

VDU.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.