SPL 3.00% 9.7¢ starpharma holdings limited

Predictions from the optimistic side of me - Where is the fast forward button., page-19

1. 1,799 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 322
    No one is saying she is a liar. But have you seen Col's latest post. Here is an extract:-

Melbourne, Australia 24; September 2015:
    Starpharma (ASX: SPL, OTCQX: SPHRY) today announced it has received, overnight, marketing approval in the European Union (EU) for VivaGel® BV for the treatment and rapid relief of bacterial vaginosis (BV) including symptoms.

The approval allows for the marketing of VivaGel® BV in the European Economic Area (EEA), which includes the 28 countries of the EU plus the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) countries, providing access to a population of more than 260 million women. In addition, the EU approval will be used as the basis for obtaining what is expected to be relatively rapid regulatory and marketing approvals for VivaGel® BV in a number of other countries that formally recognise the EU approval.

Two things stand out to me:-
    1) 24th September 2015
    2) 260 million women

Almost three years later, and a lot of patience expended, VG is still not available in the EU. And therefore, no revenue for the company.

Don't you think that should be questioned by the shareholders?
    Are management so focused on USA that they are missing other valuable markets?
    Is management actually commercially competent?

For me, yes, yes and jury is out.

But the fact is that they haven't trialled VG in any country yet. And that is why the stock is still risky and volatile. And that makes me very nervous.

If you want to make excuses for management that's fine.
    If you want to blame the shorters that's...not so fine. They are capitalising on the managements failings, not their successes.
    Manana!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.7¢
Change
-0.003(3.00%)
Mkt cap ! $40.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.5¢ 9.7¢ $111.3K 1.115M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 43696 9.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 130967 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.