BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

quarterly report, page-5

1. 404 Posts.
    Hey WTBD , i'm brand new to this one .I bought it because it fell out of bed .With a little work I noted Thorney /Pratt sold down .I rang the company & they said they were just averaging down - but I felt it was a bit more than that .I wanted to clarify on the ownership of the Hep C technology .The secretary of the company told me there had been a deal done with other company who now held the rights to the Hep C & who had subsequently sold the rights on to a private US company who had done a deal with Phiser .Alarm bells rang in my head when I heard this .How messy .I was puzzled becuse it looked like what had happened was that the rights to the technology for the hep C had been transferred to another biotech company & the CEO had then gone to .Is this a fair analysis of whats happened .Can anyone explain it to me .Has the company explained to the marked what has actually happened with this Hep C tecknology .The company secretary also said the US company that holds the rights over the Hep C science is not a publically listed company , rather it is a private company .He also said Benitec had owned 5 per cent of the private US company , but it had since been diluted due to capital raisings & the like to 1-2 per cent . This all sounded most unfortunate for benetic shareholders .I'm not making any accusations that anyone has done anything wrong or untoward - i am merely attempting to understand what the blazes has gone on here .I do note that someone looks like they are getting set in this company at the moment , so is anyone out there up to date with whats happened , help!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.