IPP 0.00% $3.98 iproperty group limited

quarterly, page-5

1. 4,179 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 455
    In fairness to BaA, I don't think Grove is a great operator either.

For starters, when he listed IPP, he went on an acquisition spree and the business was all over the shop (see PPW articles) and poor acquisitions in Taiwan, India and Philippines still leave us lacking growth across Asia to this day. Simon Baker was brought in and righted the ship thankfully, yet they still managed to lose Singapore.

If you follow Patrick on Twitter, he is all about self-motivating statements like #justdoit (very original) or #gohard (wow - what a pep talk!) which don't inspire me to think he is a leading mind of his generation.

Patrick has been smart in taking western ideas that work to asia, but as I mentioned his execution is questionable, otherwise iProperty would be a monopoly and crushed the competition having a jump start on all of them.

Put it this way, I am not invested in IPP because of Grove, to me he is one of the risk factors - you would think an accountant would understand the benefits of turning a profit!! (oh but its a start-up - not after 6 years its not!)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.