DTR 0.00% 1.2¢ dateline resources limited

Rare earth potential at Colosseum

1. 424 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 46
    During spare time I have been doing a bit of research on the potential of rare earth elements (REE) at the Colosseum Gold/Silver Mine and surrounding areas in the tenement.
    The similarities between known REE at Mountain Pass (MP) and the potential at the Colosseum tenement are interesting.
    A Thorium radiometric reading led to the discovery of Carbonatites predominately Bastnasite enriched in REEs.

'The REE content of the Mountain Pass district was first discovered in April 1949, when a couple of uranium prospectors noted modest radioactivity on their Geiger counter on Sulphide Queen hill and at the Birthday vein, located 1,219 m (4,000 ft) to the northwest (radioactivity reflected the thorium content of the carbonatite). They grabbed samples of radioactive rock and took it to the U.S. Bureau of Mines office in Boulder City, Nevada. Analyses of the samples by the Bureau of Mines, confirmed by laboratories of the USGS, found that the rock was rich in bastnasite—a rare earth–carbonatefluorine mineral—which subsequently became the primary ore mineral of Mountain Pass.'

Colosseum's radiometric signature is of extreme interest and excitement. Along the Walker Trendline felsite dykes run from The Clark Mountain Range near the Colosseum Mine S/E to Mountain Pass.
    Anthony Mariano Snr and his son Anthony Mariano Jnr provided early consulting and report work for MP and their services have been engaged by Dateline management as expert advisers. The fact that they have already been on site and have recommended further testing and sampling with possible drill work exploration, speaks volumes as these guys are considered industry experts on rare earths.

I suspect MP will be watching Datelines progress closely with interest.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $16.70M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.1¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ $83.06K 7.175M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 9573618 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 974056 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 31/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.1¢
  Change
0.000 ( 8.33 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ 617465
Last updated 15.59pm 31/05/2024 ?
DTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.