SPL 4.00% 12.0¢ starpharma holdings limited

REBIRTH OR REINVENTION OF STARPHARMA

1. 12,659 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1305
    The AGM has come and gone

It was interesting to listen to the Chairman, the incumbent CEO, incoming CEO, and two non executive directors talk about Starpharma

As in previous years, all proposed resolutions were passed in favour of the board recommendations

I do not believe Rob Thomas is going to remain at Starpharma for the next 3 years. He indicated this will be his last term and stay around at the company over transition period.

Cheryl Maley, although her role as CEO will commence on January 8th, is already working with the company, as indicated in her address at the AGM (thorough handover and onboarding process). She seems well qualified to take the company's marketed products and extract the revenues sadly missing over the last few years. Time will tell. In late February early March a shareholders meeting will be held in order for the new CEO to meet and listen to stakeholders, and express her strategy going forward. Look forward to this.

Comment that stood out and was missed by most on this forum

Jackie said

We were recently contacted by a very well respected healthcare organisation which had actually looked all over the world for technology which they could use to address certain problems associated with an antibody drug conjugate which they are looking to develop, and they had settled on the dendrimer technology as being able to provide that

I was happy to hear after almost 5 years Starpharma will be submitting to FDA a paper detailing 15 precedented approvals by FDA which are directly relevant to Starpharma's NDA of Vivagel. Hopefully this will be the catalyst for approval from FDA for Vivagel into the US market, and consequently beginning of US$101 million payments by licensee, starting with an initial $US20 million upfront fee

Oh and by the way, it was interesting to note, employees of Starpharma that have been wishing to purchase shares in company are unable to because of the extended blackout period, which goes back at least 9 months when the non executive director Besser joined the board. He has asked on three occasions to buy and has been knocked back. Even our chairman has said he would love to buy but has been unable to due to this blackout period.

I am still very confident in the company

Looking forward to

approval of Vivagel in the US with upfront licensee milestone payment

new licensee deals with viraleze (mention of a large Asian market for regulatory approval - maybe China or Japan)

new licensee deals with Vivagel and sensible upfront fees

completion of Dep Irinotecan mono and combo phase 2 treatments and full data readout

readout of Dep Docetaxel mono and combo phase 2 trial

readout of Viraleze data and subsequent TGA regulatory approval in Australia

multiple licensee deals for the three internal DEP drugs with sensible upfront onboarding fees

Announcement of a new collaboration deal with the above mentioned healthcare organisation

I have not tackled the entire audio from AGM. Just do not have the patience

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $49.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.0¢ 12.5¢ 12.0¢ $34.86K 289.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 263226 12.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 57773 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
12.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 4.17 %)
Open High Low Volume
12.0¢ 12.5¢ 12.0¢ 6229
Last updated 15.59pm 07/05/2024 ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.