G79 0.00% 2.7¢ goldoz limited

Retail Price Potential of Quality Rubies from Montepuez Area

1. 11,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29637
    This is to improve awareness of retail price potential of high quality rubies once cut and hence the reason why buyers at Ruby Rough auctions are will to pay top $$$.

These are the cut ruby clarity grades:
    • VVS - Very, very slightly included - minor inclusions that can be seen under 10x magnification, but invisible to the naked eye. No effect on appearance.
    • VS - Very slightly included - noticeable inclusions sometimes visible to the unaided eye, and very easy to see under 10x magnification. Little to no effect on brilliance.
    • SI1 - Slightly included - large or numerous inclusions that can be easily seen under 10x magnification. These inclusions are apparent/very apparent with the naked eye. Slight effect on appearance, little to no effect on brilliance.
    • SI2 - Slightly included - obvious inclusions that can be easily seen under 10x magnification. Slight effect on appearance and brilliance.
    • I1 - Obvious inclusions - significant effect on appearance, brilliance and transparency
    • I2 - Prominent inclusions - significant effect on appearance, brilliance and transparency
    • I3 - Numerous and prominent inclusions - severe effect on appearance, brilliance and transparency

In the photo below there are 5 stones, so average is 4.586 grams. This means each stone is approximately 22.93 carats. On industry metrics I have for cut rubies, if the below rubies each around 22 carats were professionally cut they would be in the 6-7ct range (assuming a 30% yield from rough).

Let's assume "fine grade" as captioned in photo below aligns with VS clarity (very slightly included) or VVS (very, very slightly included) clarity cut rubies with either Good or Very Good colour.

Doing some numbers these would retail as cut rubies at:
    • Good colour with near eye quality VS grade: from $81,000/ct ( or from USD $486,000 for a 6 ct professionally cut ruby ). This price point starts at rubies above 2 cts or greater.
    • Very good colour with eye quality VVS grade : from $150,000/ct ( or from USD $900,000 for a 6 ct professionally cut ruby ). This price point starts at rubies 2 cts or greater.

View attachment 676335

These are some of our stones. Note the colour and how similar these are to the above.

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 7.32.45 pm.png

If we move down the colour scale:
    • Fair colour with eye quality VVS grade : from $42,000/ct for cut sizes 2 cts or greater
    • Fair colour with near eye quality VS grade: from $36,000/ct for cuts sizes 2 cts or greater

The below is not the most accurate price guide as pricing appears to be a little too low and hence out of date but it will give you an idea for various grades and sizes.

http://www.awesomegems.com/ruby-priceguide.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add G79 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.