rudd a baby and a 10-yr-old girl have drowned!, page-39

1. 58,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    Some posters here might have supported the dismantling of the Pacific solution but I certainly did not.
    I posted that it was a mistake way back then and it looks like Rudd now recognizes that fact also.

The bigger problem now is that circumstances have changed and IMO reintroducing the old Pacific Solution will no longer work, so I don't think Tony would stop them that way.

The best way to stop the boats is to stop them leaving Indonesia and the second best way is to let them know that boat arrivals, genuine refugees or not, will not get into Australia that way. The PNG policy should work, but not overnight or next week as many boats would already be paid for. Give it a month and see if they slow down then.

And on that matter the Liberals should give the PNG policy a chance before telling all and sundry it's a fake. It might be good domestic politics to discredit it but it's certainly not in this nations best interests. If the policy is a flop we will see soon enough and then it will be time to criticise but not before as is happening.

Dave R.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.