AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

You are a bit optimistic here on the 2023 time line.Building a...

1. 348 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    You are a bit optimistic here on the 2023 time line.
    Building a mine from scratch to producing SC6 spod.is not like building a sausage factory and producing sausages where it has been done many, many times all over the globe.
    Based on the history and experience of the last few that was built in recent years, fair to say none has met timeline or budget.
    PLS started construction at end of 2016 , achieved commercial production in March 20019, still struggling to achieve nameplate / optimum production as of today (April 2021) after numerous changes and upgrades.
    GXY - not a new plant but a revamp job - took more than 2 years to achieve commercial production and several attempts (major upgrade) of more than a year to achieve the current production rate.
    Nembraska (Whaboshi mine) Canada- started construction 3 years ago, major design issues, major delay and cost blowout, years away from producing.
    IMO best case scenario for AVZ, September 21 construction start, commissioning and ramp up from early 2024 and commercial production mid 2024 if all goes well. Bearing in mind, this is in remote Africa and the development will be managed and run by a team of rookie / novice with little experience or no track record of building a spodumene plant.
    It is also delusional to think that the SP will rocket (and stay there) once the FID or Funding is resolved, is a long and bumpy road ahead during construction, commissioning and final ramping up work, all the way to 2024, it is just the reality of building a new mine / plant anywhere in the world - full of risks and challenges and many beyond the control of AVZ

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.