GOT 0.00% 17.5¢ groote resources limited

yeah we understand that, but these concrete song lines you...

1. 2,182 Posts.

yeah we understand that, but these concrete song lines you mention are as suggested by another poster on her, are not going to be blocked or broken by mining a resource in specific area of the seabed, as those song lines do not have any specifics, so the idea of exclusion zones is very possible as a compromise and quickly achievable.
    It is not without precedent and has happened before to other far more famous sacred sites.
    To think there would be a total blanket ban though is incredible and impossible to justify. if it is just to placate a small group who hold a belief which for them is important, but is irrelevant for the others.
    I want to state that I personally have no beliefs in anything spiritual, but I do respect the rights of others to believe in their sky fairies or mythical creatures or sacred sites, as that is protected under law!!!
    But to think it has the power to sway a multi million dollar development in an area where money is need to provide infrastructure and maintain production levels of a widely needed resource that can benefit the many people who make up the Australian community is not rational nor based on past experiences.
    think about it...to say it will not be mined in the next 20 years??? REALLY??? silly prediction. I'd say maybe you made a typo, and you meant 20 months.
    There will be a point where it happens the local land council and traditional owners can and have been ruled against in the past in many cases, the posturing by the various elements and antagonist is only to pay lip service to some righteous ideal of how we like to think of ourselves on the surface, but what really counts is the MONEY!!!
    That's what makes the world go round, keeps food in peoples bellies and helps protect against more aggressive nations coming to help themselves to resources they want to attain... you know it as well as i do.
    Remember the old swan brewery debate in Perth form years ago about land rights and stories of waguls!!
    It was so important for the first people and was dragged out many, many times in the press by activists proclaiming its significance, and those that went on beating it up for their own agenda eventually watched it get built.
    Now a thriving restaurant and accommodation complex exists, has done for years.... and the local custodians who fought so long for it and their special access rights??? well they seem to have forgotten all about that special and wonderfully sacred site. not even a smoking ceremony once a year to keep the jolly couloured snake happy... how odd.
    another more recent example of $'s over people.
    The gas projects around Barrow island are going ahead, and they have a much weightier argument than the inhabitants of Groote, with actual tangibles, along with flora fauna issues... in fact so many other similar situations up and down, side to side and deep within in this big brown country are always approved, the reason why!!!???
    So in my opinion, because we are heading in one direction politically and economically to be the worlds biggest mining site.
    It will be forced through, some clause will be found to say not enough proof of genealogical, cultural and historical evidence had been submitted to clarify it and an agreement will be met or forced upon the plaintiffs. After all, we have no choice. Other areas of our economy are now known to be under threat through climate change, or manufacturing being driven off shore, and we aren't a major enough player globally in such a strong economic area as Asia to be a financial hub offering services to make up for a lack of any real production to generate wealth.... so as the Saudis have their Oil, we Aussies have out commodities, and our customers have the cash to make anything possible...even bending law.
    After all, there is already mining in Groote, has been since the 1960's by Gemco/BHP and enough rock art etc has still survived along with other attractions for people to wish to travel there and for the local inhabitants to feel their connection while making a bit of coin.
    So, 50 years of mining, (which was far less sensitive than it is now) No tangible damage has been done, no end of culture has occurred, no catastrophe..... and that's on a surface that you can see and interact with, not a sea bed that has been hidden form those claiming connection and ownership for all eternity.
    You are entitled to keep the faith for whatever your reasons, but I reiterate, this is a weight of numbers situation, a lure of the filthy lucre... and remember, every man has his price, some hold out longer than others but the inevitable coercion that accompanies these situations will usually point the way to an agreement for the 2 parties sign and all this fuss is forgotten about. its called business and it is not done for any altruistic reason..
    The only question is not if, or even when... but HOW MUCH!!!
    I did note and found it unsurprising that you say your input has had no effect on the SP, to say otherwise is an admission of culpability, so stick to that story to protect yourself, just in case someone thinks your position is somehow responsible, i don't for the record, the SP is falling along with almost every other stock due to fears of far bigger problems....but I am certain the amount of time you spend typing up replies on here is taking up a major part of your time, so i do wonder what the agenda is for you exactly???
    And as for the 'Shovel Nosed Ray' reference and about them mining for Mn... well lets be facetious and say that's only cause it hasn't EVOLVED enough to know how beneficial and nutritional it would be in its everyday diet..... given time and experience though it will evolve, as will the inhabitants of Groote.
    Either that or they will become an obsolete footnote to the history of the land they live upon should they choose not to accept the benefits that are so great, your best service to the TO would be to say that its ok to change... after all in the scheme of things it will be a mere blink of an eye.
    If not, keep fighting your good fight Yilyanga and I do respect you for your effort.
    However, seriously I question your predictions even Mabo and Terra Nullius ruling was worked around, remember the euphoria of the indigenous groups when they though there was finally a chink of light in an otherwise shocking history??
    But, it came to nothing, interpretations were changed and gains were reversed, not saying it was right, or that this delaying tactic by the TO is wrong, but they will not and can't stop what is coming, sure they will hold out for the best deal they can as I would too, if not they will be side tracked and another way will be found, but its as unstoppable as the sun rising tomorrow in the eastern sky
    To think that it will be blocked by an insignificant community (sorry, I am not being rude here, but they actually are when taken as part of the full Australian community and its benfits) is naive for someone of such a senior age to think
    The Groote mines already supply 20- 25% plus of world demand and the same mineral goes out to sea.... Australia is a story of mining, this opportunity to exploit country to fund a lifestyle city dwellers demand will make any other argument irrelevant, nobody really gives a toss about the sea grasses, the stones, the stories or anything else when it boils down to it...... Never have and never will.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.