EGR 5.00% 10.5¢ ecograf limited

Seeking Alpha - top 3 graphite miners to consider, page-26

1. 12,154 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1289
    I did some basic studies on "family structures" in Tanzania (people living in the rural/far flung places) to understand the implications of RAP... when KNL first announced that $1m was for RAP and there were 4 "families" to be relocated, I got thinking as to why such a large sum of money for 4 "families" in a remote part of Tanzania?...

these are not the traditional families of 2 adults + 2 kids + 1 dog+ 1 cat as we are used to describe a family with our car stickers on the rear windscreen... these are a bit more extensive than we think... a family could comprise of 20-40 people at an average and they are mostly hunter gatherers (not the traditional form but their primary activity is still hunting and gathering)... they wear modern clothes - not the traditional feather wearers we associate with such remote living clans... they do some very basic farming but it is not their mainstay as they would easily move from one place to another as required...

So in my personal opinion, these 4 families could be upto 80-120 people living in 4 separate "colonies/groups" - that is they are responsible to provide for their individual groups for food/shelter/protection.... normally they are nomadic and would easily move from any particular place if food/shelter is available elsewhere or their current place does not support them any longer...

also, these are not the typical tribal people we associate with wild African clans.... these people speak some English too and some follow Christianity too in some places - not sure of the 4 families that we are talking of...

I am not aware of how long these 4 families have been living here... definitely not for decades or even years as that is not the usual pattern.... in this case, there is a good chance that these 4 families have made a more permanent camp very recently looking at the KNL activities as they can then ask for their just compensation for a relocation...

I, personally, would want these families to be overcompensated rather than be under compensated in any way... traditional owners have almost always been ruthlessly acted upon for centuries in Australia and I would not like my investment to be a part of an extension of such activities... call me a sucker but I would rather pay more than less.... guilty conscious? not personally but we have raped and pillaged most parts of Africa for centuries... time to be a part of their development and paying your due fees for getting a foothold... sounds like Equator Principle is all this plus more...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.005(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $47.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 10.5¢ $22.00K 209.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 340000 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 139712 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.12pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.