KGL 3.09% 10.0¢ kgl resources limited

"Gold stocks staying low are all priced for gold to drop in the...

1. 13,875 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3980
    "Gold stocks staying low are all priced for gold to drop in the next few years. As you said before chuk what happens to them when they start pricing gold going sideways or, heaven fordid, UP?!"

I can't remember a time when I bought a stock in a sector that I liked where the stock relied on the commodity going higher for me to profit.
    That’s for the fund managers that have large funds to invest so can’t be too picky and have to buy the large cap stocks. I look for much stronger returns than what that method offers.

I have always picked a sector that I was bullish on, but then searched thoroughly to look for stocks in that sector that were greatly undervalued even at a moderately lower commodity price.

That way if I am wrong about the sector over time, I should still profit if I picked the stock well.

Even if the commodity goes sideways for years, the careful stock selection should see a very strong profit, and if I am right about the commodity and stock then the gains should be very large.

For now gold is the only sector I want to be in short term and long term although I am seriously thinking about silver after it has corrected to levels where it interests me.
    We do have exposure to silver with Jervois so when that starts to get factored in as it advances, we may get further upside from rising silver prices too. That's another story though for later on.
    The other commodity I like long term is copper and again Jervois gives me exposure but so too does Andash- and Atkash if/when we get that back on the books.
    I am still cautious copper and even silver in the short term so I am not looking for pure exposure there unless I find a stock which looks compelling from a valuation point and is fully funded.
    I don't know of any so happy with my exposure through KGL for now.

For now we should see very strong upside from our gold projects, but I like the mix of the three commodities that I am long term bullish on.

And Stretchie I certainly agree that we always need to be positioned for possible downside, not just upside.
    While all of you know how bullish I am on KGL, I can't say the same about markets. Having said that, I am not bearish either when I look at the charts. Especially the US markets and the US bank sector. That's up at 6 month highs despite all the negative news. It should be one of the weakest sectors but it's not. What do the insiders know that we don't?
    And China, despite drifting lower has been giving reversal signals for a couple of weeks now. Then yesterday, it rose 2.9% and today it's following through with 1.21% so far.
    I won't pretend I know where markets are going but based on the charts I see no reason to be selling anything now.
    Luckily for me I did that (with everything but KGL) around 6 months ago based on charts then.
    I'm starting to think about buying some of those back, but I'm not game enough yet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.0¢
Change
0.003(3.09%)
Mkt cap ! $56.72M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.0¢ 10.0¢ 9.8¢ $2.918K 29.25K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 73428 9.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.0¢ 25858 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.01pm 31/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.