ALK 6.54% 57.0¢ alkane resources limited

That's one possibility. It's also possible that an entity...

1. 1,032 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 204
    That's one possibility. It's also possible that an entity holding a large short position thinks there is a net benefit in continuing to short for reasons to do with share price supression (i.e. maintaining, or increasing the profits of their already existing short positions that for one reason or another they are not ready to close). That entity may or may not be buying at the same time they are shorting. That is one of the reasons I've been keeping track of daily short volume – between the daily short sales volume and the total short volume it's possible to see the volume of shorts being covered on any given day, although the total short volume data has a lag of 4 days. It's also impossible to tell whether it is the same entity doing the shorting and the covering, so it only provides a rough guide to what's going on. In any case, I'll try and start providing that data in my daily short updates, time permitting.

Like others here, I really hope ALK hits the jackpot at Boda. At this point I don't really care whether the shorters get burnt or not, it's just been a rough 4 1/2 months for ALK holders, and it would be nice to be rewarded for holding through the downswing. Anyway, hope everyone here has a good weekend. Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
57.0¢
Change
0.035(6.54%)
Mkt cap ! $343.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
53.5¢ 57.0¢ 53.0¢ $1.243M 2.231M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1869 53.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
57.0¢ 30258 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.