Shoot-to-kill: Police get new powers to combat ‘cowardly, evil acts’, page-19

1. 33,190 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1671
    Hi GZ , I do not know the SAS standards for marksmanship , but a marksman is a different animal from a sniper yes have 4 police marksman available in each major city
    Agreed putting a 12 round per second rifle in the hands of 300 officers is a recipe for disaster .
    A 223 caliber is also too small a caliber for getting a strong likely hood of a kill , 308 caliber should be used for distance shot , plus with a rifle of standard length barrel not a short carbine like the colt is .
    Short barrel Pump action shotguns with lethal and non lethal projectile options placed vertically in the center dash of each patrol car as in California should have been reissued rather than a colt semi auto nothing like the sound of a pump action being reloaded and training needed is minimal , with little ricochet issues and still deadly at close quarters , plus can use bean bags for riot control .
    PS I train occasionally with a guy who taught the last SAS guy here to get a VC (saw him this morning ) , I am not sure all SAS infantry men are crack shots some must be but not all, they seem to pick them for different qualities , may ask him that .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.