BLY 0.00% $2.91 boart longyear group ltd

I think the analysis on BLY will have to extend beyond the...

1. nyn
    163 Posts.
    I think the analysis on BLY will have to extend beyond the financials. It really does require a very big long-term thinking. I agree about the CR - my previous posts have highlighted this. It is the only reason I am not doubling down - I'd rather wait till the picture is clearer. However, at these prices, it is well below NTA, book value or any other "financial metric" wizardry.

The short-term pain is large - I am in the mind that IF the miners push back all the way to February 2014, this company will definitely need to raise.

Thus, it is not a matter of right or wrong. It is a matter of one's investment horizon and thinking. Today's announcement shows that Beutal Goodman, a value fund ala Warren Buffet increased their position. Visit their website and read their mission statement and look at their performance.

The best way to invest, in my opinion, is to take all analysis - both good and bad - compare it - learn the economy at large, history, China etc. etc. BUT come up with your OWN conclusions.

I believe this company will deliver over the very long-term - but this is because I am a value investor and I am very patient - I only invest in periods of distress (I went all-in on banks in 2009, property etc.).

But I can most definitely be wrong. The important lesson is to do one's own research and not rely on what opinions are - and this requires a lot of hardwork. That is why I love Hotcopper as I can scan what most are thinking (I also ask my broker to give me all sell recommendations instead of buy - then I can assess the company's intrinsic value based on various factors)

Good luck to everyone, and please do your own research - we are all different - which makes the market so very interesting. Keep the debate going!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.