Short Term Trading Weekend Lounge: 1 - 3 July, page-29

1. 1,070 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1775
    Thanks @Zandaya, @Freehold
    What about if you are already holding though and then an announcement is made. Is it a good idea to sell at open on the day of the announcement and then buy back in lower later? I have noticed that often when there is an announcement at the start of the day the SP seems to spike on open and then fall sharply soon afterwards (before 11am usually) so you don't get the up trust bar necessarily as it opens high but then falls to a low so big red candle for the day and often the next few days too as the big red candle usually results in a bearish engulfing pattern on the chart. AGY today for example had a spread of nearly 30% between the high of the spike and the low of the day on announcement. I am holding this long term so didn't sell but when you see a spread like this in a day it is tempting to sell some at least on open and buy back in. I have only been trading for 3 months but I have noticed this pattern on a few of my stocks so was wondering if this is a good strategy. Of course if you sell then it could go up and then you have FOMO as well.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.