XAO 0.22% 7,849.4 all ordinaries

If you are already writing Excel formulas you shouldn’t have too...

1. 66 Posts.
    If you are already writing Excel formulas you shouldn’t have too many issues learning AmiBroker formula language. Like any complex software there is a short steep learning curve involved to understand how to get it setup and running. You will find that you use a small group of the same .afl functions repeatedly and become familiar with these quite quickly. I experimented with the free download for a while using free Yahoo data then bought the Pro version and subscribed to Norgate Premium Data for ASX EOD data. I read somewhere that there are now issues with free Yahoo data(?), that may require research.

Norgate have recently added FA data to their database, one of my frustrations to date has been an inability to screen on market cap so I need to look into this.

You can make your .afl code, explorations, and backtesting as simple or as complex as you want. I mainly use the software for EOD and weekly exploration scans, sometimes for backtesting when I come across interesting models to test.

The software is very well documented, there is an online user’s guide, also available as a free pdf from the download page. Purchase of the software gives access to the online .afl library and the user forum, both current and archived plus free support for 1, maybe 2 years (can’t recall).

The Internet is awash with freely available .afl code, there are youtube vids, and also Howard Bandy’s excellent series of books to refer to. I have a good library of saved code I use for reference. Howard Bandy’s book Introduction To AmiBroker SecondEdition is available on his website as a free download.

Another good place to start learning .afl is the DaveASXWatch series of vids on youtube. He has a good simple approach.

Some links to other good reference and .afl sources on this site…https://jbmarwood.com/amibroker-afl-collection/

That other Aussie stock site also has some excellent AmiBroker threads and .afl code snippets.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XAO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.