AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

should we be worried?, page-23

1. 397 Posts.
    In regards to paying tax agreed (being an accountant) that minimising your tax is important and this can be done in a number of ways. But the first step as YuYu pointed out is to make a profit. Consider this senario assume you are in a share and have had a great run for 11 months but you have some doubts as the price begins to drop unexpectedly while waiting for news - do you sell to protect your profits or wait for 12 months. Have seen this senario before and seen that the tax problem has been solved for the person waiting for 12 months by the profit disappearing.

Therefore my opinion (and only my opinion) is make profit first by sticking to your trading plan, tax second consideration as the sharemarket will always throw up an opportunity to claim some losses down the future. I also suggest if you have large gains that you plan to minimise that gain by seeking appropriate advice before the 30th June (month or 2 before) and/or trading in a structure that will help you spread the gain to minimise tax.

Just my thoughts only. This is not advice and everybody should seek independent professional advise that matches their circumstances.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.