MLX 5.95% 44.5¢ metals x limited

In their annual report they have cost of sales of Sn at $21.5k/t...

1. 643 Posts.
    In their annual report they have cost of sales of Sn at $21.5k/t - need to recheck that - however current price is $19.85k/t With tin/commodities looking a bit weak, or at least having great uncertainty in the short term this part of the group looks to me like a loss making for 2014/15. Somebody should confirm that for us.

Do we have any indication as to how they will fund their proposed capital projects?

The nickel project is $2.5bn - it has good profit figures to it, but it wont be generating income for a while....and costs need to paid and funded/serviced from somewhere. Likewise in a weakening commodities market the risk of lower returns could affect conditions of any financing/deals.

I am a bit concerned regarding Tin for the next few years due to China/Europe/USA/Japan economic-debt, bubble struggles. An the recent dumping of commodities is a warning that things can be uncertain.

I am also a bit concerned that they are undertaking so many major projects at the same time, which increases the level risk and factors that can come into play. Need more detail on How they are going to go about this. They should have parameters set for the 'go ahead' of some of the projects in a fulsome project plan that we can all see. That they wont proceed unless certain forward forecasting conditions are met, and with the nature of the financing. Or some such.

Would prefer they start with the gold expansion projects which are smaller cost and profitable, and look carefully at their current Sn project with a view to protecting as best they can a larger drop on prices.

The Nikel project I guess can proceed given its wide margin of profit....?? But need to look at how they are financing it.

So there is a fair bit of uncertainty about the risk profile for path MXL is going to take, basically due to uncertainty on global economies.

Would like somebodys considered view on their plans.

IMHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.