TGA 0.00% $1.17 thorn group limited

Silly season, page-4

1. 4,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1229
    I wrote on 13/07/2015 that the Silly Season for TGA may extend for a while to allow those who subscribed to the DRP time to sell if they want to make a quick buck. In that post I estimated that I would acquire about 8,000 shares via the DRP at roughly $2.37 each, and it turned out to be 8,631 shares at $2.36 each.

At 12:37 today I noticed 12 sellers offering to sell 21,945 shares at $2.56, and that until then 67,272 shares had sold at an average of $2.565. Some of these sales may be shareholders selling down their DRP allocations, and making an 8% profit.

I registered online to participate in the DRP on the last allowable day. This only happened because I read the basis of the DRP pricing when researching for my initial 13/07/2015 post on this thread. Writing HC posts often helps me improve my investing, because it forces me to research. I did not have the information readily at hand to register a similar DRP intention for my SMSF portfolio, which has a smaller TGA holding (just below a third of my personal holding).

I would like to thank those sellers who kept the price low during the week that was used to derive the average SP that was then discounted 5% to calculate the DRP price. Philosophically, I do not approve of any share issues at discounts, but if it is going to happen, I'll be in on it if it represents good buying value for me.
    Last edited by Pioupiou: 17/07/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.