SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

Several years back I was talking to my cousins son who was...

1. 715 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 271
    Several years back I was talking to my cousins son who was visiting his parents from his home base in Texas.
    He works as a commodities trader dealing for the most part in gas and electricity futures .
    He told me that by far and away the bulk of their wins come from shorting the market
    Their biggest one day loss was in excess of $10,000,000 when an event occurred that came completely out of left field.
    So much so did it take them by surprise that they were left scrambling to find solutions to minimize their loss .
    They came out of it substantially better than they might have because of their immediate response to the problem.
    The big players do indeed control the markets and as we all know we minions often start out as eternal optimists expecting big, easy and fast returns only to end up thoroughly disillusioned over time.
    Many a stock looks like a winner with so much promise that an investment seems the only rational thing to do.
    The mining sector is rife with them..
    More often than not you chase the stock when buying and end up selling for cents
    Not often that you find an absolute gem which is generating real income and with it ever increasing profits not to mention the expectation of early dividends
    When you do you grab it with both hands and weather the setbacks knowing that time will bring its own reward.
    GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.