SPL 7.14% 10.5¢ starpharma holdings limited

something has to give.....the share price is absolutely ridiculous, page-7

1. 11,092 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 681
    The phase 1 trial of DEP Docetaxyl went from Jan 2014 initiation until Sep 2017 which was 44 months, and the initiation date of the Phase 2. They expanded the Ph 2 roughly in about AUG 2019, apparently based on oncologist interest, to look into Pancreatic cancer, (which has probably lead to the DEP Doc Gem trial) so assuming 44 mnths from that date, you would have a pessimists target date of about APR 2023 for 44 months. The DEP Docetaxyl and Gemcitabine combo trial was initiated in July 2020, and the estimated completion date in Jan 2024 - so about 41 months.

For DEP-Doc they were up to about 64 (out of 65?) in October 2021, and 18 weeks til the final dose after that takes you to about Feb or March 22. And then I am not certain what timeframe is involved for final follow ups, diagnostics and write-up.

I didn't really think we would beat the phase 1 period's timeframe by much. I don't think the delays mean anything relating to the research - but am happy for the market to think that they do. As always it is possible that management are playing games, but the additional separate combo trial seems to be an indication of confidence, and a realisation that they cannot take forever to get data out for partnering discussions for Ph 3. Hopefully they are gaining some avenues for extending patent protection as well.

The nature of science is that you hopefully serendipitously come up with avenues of interest that are well worth following up, and then the nature of the pharmaceutical industry is that everything takes lots of times, as it is a heavily regulated industry, and most important of all is there are the needs of patients, and everybody wants some wins there.

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong about anything to do with timeframes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.007(7.14%)
Mkt cap ! $43.29M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.5¢ 10.5¢ 9.5¢ $8.154K 83.09K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5102 9.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 124847 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.