SPL 2.11% 9.3¢ starpharma holdings limited

SPL7013 and COVID

1. 3,349 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 793
    I hope to be proved wrong, but expect nothing meaningfully commercial to eventuate from SPL7013 and COVID. In my opinion, this latest announcement is just a hand waving, me-too, crumb throwing and piss-taking exercise (again) by JF and co.

Would it surprise anyone if I told you that Zika Virus is still not on the list of viruses inactivated by VivaGel (4 YEARS after JF and co advised they were looking to get in included).

May 2016 SPL announce that the VivaGel® active, astodrimer sodium (SPL7013), has been shown to have potent antiviral activity against the Zika virus in laboratory studies.Starpharma is now investigating the inclusion of Zika in the list of viruses inactivated for the VivaGel® condom.

MAY 2020 The Starpharma website states: ‘Starpharma has not received regulatory certification regarding Zika virus activity for the condom.’

So are SPL still trying to get in included, did it get rejected, are they still trying or have they forgotten to pursue this? Maybe a question for JF and co.

And now this latest crumb from our perennial piss-takers and commercial plodders.

APR 2020 SPL announce that its proprietary VivaGel® active, astodrimer sodium (SPL7013), has been shown in laboratory studies to have significant antiviral activity against the coronavirus that causes COVID-19. Starpharma is evaluating product concepts and formulation options for SPL7013, which may have potential applications in the prevention and management of COVID-19.

Forgive me for being glass half-empty in thinking that SPL are still taking the piss. As I said, I hope I’m wrong.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.