SPL 0.00% 9.7¢ starpharma holdings limited

I don't begrudge SPL for testing and trying to pursue a market,...

1. 587 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 79
    I don't begrudge SPL for testing and trying to pursue a market, especially in the face of such a serious economic and health crisis. I however doubt we will see anything from this & investors should be careful if this is the reason to buy.

IMO any investment made in SPL should focus on their Dep technology and to a lesser extent their vivagel sales. unforutnlaty phase II Dep doc trials appear to be further delayed due to COVID, but we should still get some results this year.... IMO that's the goldent ticket if you can be patient enough and i believe most long term holders share the same view.

SPL7013 being commercialized for some sort of COVID preventative measure is extremely speculative. Based on the lab tests it clearly has excellent antiviral properties in vitro (COVID, ZIKA, HIV etc.) and is well tolerated in vivo with negligible side effects (based on vivagel clinical studies). But does it work against COVID in the real world? If so, how will it be applied and in what setting? how often and practical will it be to use? what sales or margins could be generated from this hypothetical product and speculative use which we know little on? who is the partner? & will it add more benefit compared to a PPE or competitor product already approved or close to approval? etc. etc. too many questions at present. there are many other companies much further progressed with potential treatments compared to SPL. Some have been mentioned on this thread previously. If SPL come out with more data and partners or a potential pathway to sales, great, i will change my view and the price will likely spike. great news but unlikely.

SPL has great optionality, potential and a healthy balance sheet to ride out the current storm.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $40.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.8¢ 10.5¢ 9.6¢ $210.8K 2.098M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 30408 9.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.7¢ 3523 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.