OXR oxiana limited

still no sign of my egm papers for the ox, page-21

1. 28,734 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 424
    Well, I am being patient. Forced to be as I am not in a position of needing to sell. However, this experience suggests to me that everyone should be pretty darn certain that there is a very low probability of their needing money urgently (or even medium term) from their shareholdings. What a field day for the shorters and those hedge funds who can smell blood and are going for the kill.

Yes, I have never forgotten that little picture of those old guys sitting in the office corner, calming buying in the maelstrom atmosphere of 1987 brokerage offices. The further the falls continued, the more they continued purchasing, never once taking their eye of the bigger picture. One can just imagine the pandemonium, panic and mayhem surrounding them.... ha ha ha ha Gotta admire them.

They got the last laugh.

Anyway, beermee. I ain't selling my Oxiana shares today or tomorrow, for that matter.

I can also recall a broker telling me - you should sell Leighton shares, Oh dear, perhaps TOO LATE, he says, not sure, but they are NO GOOD. Well, I held on. Rode out the low years. Paid $1.17 for them some time back, I confess. So $6,000 is now $220,000, without considering the regular dividends. So, indeed I am a long termer.
    cheers, larlie

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OXR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.