IRN 0.00% 29.5¢ indophil resources nl

never underestimate the power and corruption in the church in...

1. 1,419 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    never underestimate the power and corruption in the church in the philippines. lafayette and rapu rapu is the perfect example. they{local priest} injected mercury into a dozen fish 40klm away and blamed it on the mine. at that stage the mine wasn't using mercury. the koreans would have paid the right people and away they go.
    religion thru the ages has always been the best way to control the masses. its still happening today in various parts of the world. dictators get rich while the masses get poor and the dictators blame it on another religion or society. if these projects proceed and the standard of living improves then the masses will be more educated. the church doesn't like this.
    i know this is a generalisation but filipinos are short sighted when it comes to money. one man in authority will ruin a project if he doesn't get paid even if he contributes nil to the project. eg ford years ago were to set up a plant there and a port authority manager wouldn't let vehicles thru subic without his cut. ford took their 500mil and left.
    as has happened already with tampakan, people will come from miles away and set up camp on the access roads and wont leave until they're paid. they'd prefer to be paid off rather than work. this all sounds very negative which is not fair. there are many generous,hard working, loving and beautiful people in the philippines.
    it is a country of contradictions regarding religion. divorce, abortion and contraception are illegal yet lying is accepted, because everybody does it, they have a body count thats kept at each election and there are as many guns per capita as the usa. most murders are when 2 friends get drunk and argue. out comes a knife or gun.
    transport,food and life are cheap in the philippines but nothing is easy. tampakan will happen eventually, its just a case of how much grief will pass before they get there.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IRN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.