SPL 3.13% 9.9¢ starpharma holdings limited

pete_rose I agree with you that we should only invest in a...

1. 255 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 52
    pete_rose
    I agree with you that we should only invest in a company that makes money. I made an exception with SPL. Every bio-tech has its infancy stage. By the time SPL makes money, the early investors have made the biggest gains. Of course this is a speccy stock. That is why I will not put: say 100%, 80%, 60% of my funds into SPL. I am aware of the risks of a speccy stock.

Are you saying that SPL is too risky and we should stay away? Or can we do own research, make our own analysis of the risks involve and buy in a position in the risk we are prepared to take? If we wanted 100% risk free, we wouldn't touch any stock.

Now I have going to really disagree with something you have said. You can make a counter argument if you like.
    The market doesn't always know.
    What does the Market know?
    https://www.oaktreecapital.com/insights/howard-marks-memos

The market is not always right. Just ask anyone who brought SRX March 2015. I can give you lots more examples. I only wished I made my first purchase of SPL during mid-2015 instead of making an average down purchase.

Despite begin a very cautious investor, I am definitely taking a punt with SPL. A punt I am prepared to lose, even if they make a valuable contribution to pancreatic cancer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.9¢
Change
0.003(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $40.82M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.8¢ 10.0¢ 9.7¢ $50.87K 510.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 180 9.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 101919 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.20pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.