TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Interesting to read that report. Labelling is such an issue....

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    Interesting to read that report. Labelling is such an issue. Tassal's submission was that people would pay a premium for local sustainably sourced seafood, and I think they're right. Meanwhile, De Costi's prawns are still imported (I think from Vietnam - not labeled) and are competing against Tropic Co in Woolies and Metcash/IGA. Good luck for the average consumer to work that out from the disclosure of 'vannemai prawns'.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4077/4077766-5a9eeca43090d00ff483e60061f9006e.jpg

Meanwhile on the report and its recommendations, I think it's good for more research funding to put through FRDC. And it makes sense that the wildcatch and aquaculture streams of priorities/funding are separated (I think the Blue Economy CRC separates it). If backed by a grant mechanism as per the submissions, and improved planning / zoning as per the recommendations, then I think a lot of potential could be unlocked in the sector. I'm still thinking here about Tassal's third vertical (salmon, prawns, then seaweed??) - industry needs a better enabling environment. NAIF funding Humpty Doo Barramundi aint enough.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.