TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Tassal have noted that they expect both margins and productivity...

1. 724 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1087
    Tassal have noted that they expect both margins and productivity to improve over time. There is a time period for the technology to scale up, so definitely something worth watching. The 17t/ha seems like a very ambitious average to achieve. If you go back to the CSIRO research, which is now dated, you'll see that the average was 12.8t/ha; the best performing farm got to 17t/ha; and the best performing pond got to 24t/ha.

I would expect that the ~10t/ha will increase over time to around ~13t/ha. But, as long as they are developing new ponds, they will be under the average because new ponds are not as efficient as established ponds (takes time for them to ramp up for some reason, I don't know the engineering of it). And, it will also take time for Tassal to scale up / refine some of their processes, such as the automated feeding, solar power (margins not productivity), etc. My expectation though is 13t/ha and around $5.50-$6 EBITDA/KG as the prawn strategy matures.

https://www.csiro.au/en/research/animals/aquaculture/black-tiger-prawn#:~:text=The%20average%20industry%20productivity%20for,was%2017.5%20tonnes%20per%20hectare.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.