WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Tech drives OBJ’s magnetic attraction, page-51

1. 3,127 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 919
    Regarding the "new category" that P&G will be entering in these next few months, its kind of open to interpretation as to what "new" and "category" both mean.  Here are some candidates:

Swash
    As greenhouse posted above, P&G have teamed with Whirlpool to create this "new category" of clothes freshening (sort of cleaning/sort of pressing).  Whirlpool provides the hardware, P&G provides the consumables. (as an aside, there is a reasonable chance that a future OBJ/P&G product is a spot remover in laundry care.)

Always (incontinence)
    There has been some speculation in the media that the new category was to be adult incontinence products.  I think we can confirm that P&G are definitely re-entering this category as last week they filed a trademark application to extend their "Always" products to specifically include "Adult incontinence pads, incontinence diapers and pants and incontinence liners for panties and briefs".  But is this really a "new category for P&G" if they are re-entering it?

OBJ related
    P&G would not consider the use of OBJ technology as a category in itself, groundbreaking though it may be.   Some have mentioned non-drug based pain management.  The good news is that Glyn stated at the Adelaide presentation that this was something that OBJ and P&G were discussing, but it is definitely not coming as soon as this year.  As for some other mystery category that OBJ tech will bring to P&G, and ready for launch this year,  it seems highly unlikely.  Not to fret though.  Their are still plenty of goodies coming our way this year, and I would expect every year for a very long time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.