SPL 1.03% 9.6¢ starpharma holdings limited

the australian - starpharma, page-8

1. 178 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 61
    I concur with your post and needless to say I’m extremely disappointed with the news; especially without any type of warning to the shareholders. I speculate that there might have been certain legal stipulations that prevented Starpharma from releasing this information. However, this is purely theoretical on my part and I believe Starpharma could have been more forthcoming in this respect.

In your opinion, where does this leave Starpharma and does this event justify such a sharp downturn? My conclusions just lead to more unanswered questions:

From the company standpoint:
    • Obviously the mega-merger between Reckitt/SSL was bound to hit some roadblocks so what precipitated Starpharma to walk away from such a lucrative deal with a multi-billion dollar corporation?

o Is the market launch with Okamoto progressing well enough that it gave Starpharma enough confidence to cancel the Reckitt agreement?
    o If this isn’t a viable product then why did Ansell sign up for the deal in what I can gather is a relatively short time frame?

From a technical perspective:
    • The share price is at its lowest level since February 3, 2011.
    • The relative strength index has moved into oversold territory
    • The price has dropped 16 out of the last 20 days.
    • The trade count for the last three days (26, 132, and 279) has been at fairly low levels.

o How much of this downturn is attributable to the Greece Debt crisis?

In conclusion:
    • Regarding my prior points:
    o In my estimation, I think the Reckitt/SSL merger encountered some obstacles that ultimately negated the deal with Starpharma.
    o I believe the Greece debt crisis is attributable for approximately 10% of the price decline.
    • Finally, I believe Starpharma needs to be less opaque and begin to offer more guidance regarding its revenue prospects.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.6¢
Change
-0.001(1.03%)
Mkt cap ! $39.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.7¢ 10.5¢ 9.6¢ $97.41K 997.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 106430 9.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.9¢ 5108 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.