XSO 1.38% 3,062.0 s&p/asx small ordinaries

The Brains Trust - 2021, page-407

1. 11,117 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 626
    In case anyone is still looking for a possible silver play, KCN has a gold/silver deposit in Chile which has a reserve of 0.3million ounces of gold grading at 0.5g/t and 48m ounces of silver with an average grade of 87 g/t.  The resource (of which the reserve form a significant part) is 0.49m ounces of gold and 83 million ounces of silver.  These estimates where based on much lower gold and silver prices some years ago, .  see (page 11?) 2020 annual report for details

http://www.aspecthuntley.com.au/doc...lc2lnbmFsL2Vycm9ycGFnZXMvcGRmZGVsYXllZC5qc3A=

KCN ran out of funds to continue its exploration effort due to the issues it has had with its gold mine in Thailand being closed down by the govt and the ongoing legal actions to resolve this matter.  There has been considerable progress made on that front with a possible settlement by either agreement between KCN/Thailand some time this year (hopefully) or a decision by the Arbitration panel set up under the TAFTA on the case (the panel heard all parties last year and indications are that its decision has been held up in the light of possible settlement by the two parties in dispute.

There is obvious risk with KCN, including running out of funds before settlement and a possible capital raising if that were to occur, plus the timing and amount of payment (if any) on the settlement/decision.

loki (disclosure - I am heavily invested in KCN at under 30 cents/share).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XSO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.