LTR 3.90% 80.0¢ liontown resources limited

THE COUNT DOWN: Liontown crushes first ore at Kathleen Valley!, page-189

1. 324 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 272
    The point of my post regarding Peter Zeihan and the rebuttals given by others is to encourage critical thinking about geopolitical and economics forecasts and projections available on the Internet that can influence our investment decisions. Doesn't matter who provided the data.
    It is not about nurturing a schoolyard mentality of "my source is better than your source". That's just silly juvenile thinking.

I don't get the demonising of projections and deeming it garbage. Big data analytics is about projections.
    So Peter applies projections. Nothing new here because much of the world as we know it operates on the basis of projections.
    A well known projection is the climate change data, on which basis $'trillions will be invested to move away from petroleum to green energy.
    Relevant statistics and projections are similarly used by GS, JPM, MacQ, even by the BOD of LTR as evident in their presentations.

As for quoting Worldometer as a basis to disprove Peter's assertation, it's best to keep and open mind and avoid the trappings of that schoolyard mentality.
    Worldometer is itself mired in some controversy. As reported by CNN on 19 May 2020:

""The website claims to be “run by an international team of developers, researchers, and volunteers” and “published by a small and independent digital media company based in the United States.”

But public records show little evidence of a company that employs a multilingual team of analysts and researchers. It’s not clear whether the company has paid staff vetting its data for accuracy or whether it relies solely on automation and crowdsourcing.

The site does have at least one job posting, from October, seeking a volunteer web developer.

“Several updates lack a source, do not match their cited source or contain errors,” one editor, posting under the username MarioGom, wrote on a discussion page for Wikipedia editors working on Covid-19-related content last month. “Some errors are small and temporary, but some are relatively big and never corrected.”

The editor, whose real name is Mario Gómez, told CNN in an email, “Instead of trying to use a consistent criteria, [Worldometer] seems to be going for the highest figure. They have a system for users to report higher figures, but so far I failed to use it to report that some figure is erroneous and should be lower.”

Edouard Mathieu, the data manager for Our World in Data (OWID), an independent statistics website headquartered at Oxford University, has seen a similar trend.“Their main focus seems to be having the latest number wherever it comes from, whether it’s reliable or not, whether it’s well-sourced or not,” he said. “We think people should be wary, especially media, policy-makers and decision-makers. This data is not as accurate as they think it is.”"

Whether watching a podcast or reading the news doesn't mean commiting ourselves into blindly accepting, or equally blindly rejecting, the content or message. Keep an open mind and do our own DD, that is my position.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
80.0¢
Change
0.030(3.90%)
Mkt cap ! $1.964B
Open High Low Value Volume
78.5¢ 81.5¢ 78.0¢ $7.742M 9.663M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 31776 80.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
80.5¢ 300947 36
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.01pm 20/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.