SPL 0.00% 10.0¢ starpharma holdings limited

The Deadly Delta Devil

1. 12,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1449
    As the Delta variant continues on it's deadly path.......

Washington | The head of America’s Centres for Disease Control and Prevention warned the US was once again at a “pivotal point” in the pandemic as the highly infectious delta variant rips through unvaccinated communities.rite your reply here

Melbourne | Andrews calls for ‘ring of steel’ around Sydney

A new model projects that daily U.S. COVID deaths could more than triple by October as the current surge, fueled by the delta variant, accelerates into the fall.

"What's going on ... is matching our most pessimistic scenarios," one epidemiologist said.

Delta Variant Will Drive A Steep Rise In COVID Deaths, Model estimates show the U.S. is on track to see a big rise in cases and more than triple the number of deaths by October.

A queue at a hospital in Surabaya, Indonesia, that treats people with COVID-19. Indonesia has been hard hit by the Delta variant.Credit: Juni Kriswanto/AFP/Getty

I’m vaccinated & I’ve been careful since. I still managed to get Covid early this week. The delta variant is no joke! It’s kicked my butt, bad. I don’t say this to say the vaccine didn’t work. In fact, the vaccine likely saved my life. Please, please consider getting vaccinated.

Is COVID out of control in Sydney?

"It's pretty close," says Prof Joel Negin, Head of the School of Public Health at
    @Sydney_Uni
    "The containment efforts for this Delta variant are not looking great and we might need to be changing our expectations of what victory is."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.