The Devil's Deadliest Deception, page-208

1. 27,631 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I would rather accept the Scriptures assurance than yours.

Accept scripture?

1 Timothy 5:8 New International Version (NIV)

8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Scripture does not say

8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives except those who leave the Watchtower organisation, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

JWs that shun members of their household for leaving the Watchtower organisation are according to scripture worse than an unbeliever.

True Christians would rather follow Jesus's lead. For example.

Matthew 9:10-13 New International Version (NIV)

10 While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. 11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’[a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

True Christians relate to sinners; they don't shun them like JWs are taught to do.

I could quote at least another 12 verses that teach that shunning is not supported by scripture.
    You are fond of claiming that you are lead by scripture but ignore it when it contradicts Watchtower's doctrine.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.