The essence of the facts, page-25

1. 22,925 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

(John 8:38) I speak the things I have seen while with my Father, but you do the things you have heard from your father.”

With the Father is the Spiritual context -> Don't forget, as promised in Deu 18:18, God pretty much raised Jesus for 30 odd years.
    ---
    (John 8:42) Jesus said to them: “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from Godand I am here. I have not come of my own initiative, but that One sent me.

Came from God -> Yep he did and a Good example of how and when -> Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things;
    God's plan = Logos and Glory came to the Angel who then passed it on to Mary etc.
    Hence John 1:4 In Him ->(God) life was......... = ex Eph 3:9)

and am here -> After he was raised, Baptized and received the Spirit//Word/Light without measure, he was THEN sent INTO the world ex - John 17:18 - As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I alsosent them into the world.

He prayed on the night he was to be arrested.

(John 17:5) So now, Father, glorify me at your side with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was.

John 17:5 confirms this -> (Jesus speaking) - And now Glorify Me You, Father, with Yourself (first time literally), with Glory insofar held before the world existed, with You.

As I said before, God's plans are known as His Logos (inner, where your logos begins) and that is also known as Glory.
    This Glory (plan of a Jesus to be) was held via God alone before the plans of a world come to mind.
    Hence Jesus asks God for this Glory God held AND now God's Glory as in his now literal, physical presence, hence the real meaning, Truth of John 17:5.
    Jesus was not literally by God's side before the world was.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.