DYL 7.92% $1.43 deep yellow limited

Bi-polar or something similar ran through his genetics imo.His...

1. 1,517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 980
    Bi-polar or something similar ran through his genetics imo.
    His son and grandson from memory commited suicide as well.

Its very easy for many to go from investing to gambling especially if having tendencies like ADHD.

For a long time I found the most difficult part wasnt finding a 5 or Disallowed but staying calm when they started to move in a big way especially when i had a young family.
    $50k up in an afternoon equated to a car etc. $100k in the early days was a house within 15km of Adelaide.
    For many its starts to show character flaws and emotions not experienced.

I felt Jesse Livermore was a great example of both the do's and don'ts. How to sit tight (do)in big positions but also how not to risk (dont) everything and use money management to be able to fight another day. We can learn lots from someones failure and their struggles.

I remember the moment I was far enough ahead from shares and I said to the wife this is our investment money back and heres a healthy profit for you and l will keep $200k of profit to build up a portfolio again and will never use another cent of our money and only be investing only with the balance of profits for the rest of my life. I came from a line of gamblers. XThe concept of never being behind in the stock market was liberating for me, something Jesse could have done.

I know very few people who have money in the stock market who have any concept of exit strategies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DYL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.43
Change
0.105(7.92%)
Mkt cap ! $1.293B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.36 $1.43 $1.35 $6.639M 4.729M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6132 $1.43

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.43 60979 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.43
  Change
0.105 ( 6.85 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.36 $1.43 $1.36 1864765
Last updated 16.09pm 29/04/2024 ?
DYL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.