PLS 0.67% $2.98 pilbara minerals limited

The Wesfarmers Elephant may be in the PLS room, page-60

1. 3,111 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1422
    I find this whole thread ridiculous and meaningless.

I work for WES in one of their many divisions.

Whist I certainly would not be privy to WES running the ruler over PLS are anyone else, what I do know is that WES are very astute when it comes to acquisitions.

They will only acquire something that is exceptional value, and where they can add significant value.

All up they have paid something like $1 billion for Mt.Holland which is around 100Mt @ 1.5% Lithium, and then another Billion or so for their share of the Hydroxide plant.

Clearly those numbers look pretty good now and they have already added significant value to the acquisition.

Why on earth would they look to pay some $15 - $20 Billion for PLS where they can't really add a great deal of value, and it's many many multiples of what they have already invested in Mt.Holland and the Hydroxide plant - which aren't even up and running yet.

The whole idea that WES would launch a bid for PLS is fanciful and clutching at straws IMO.

RIO - maybe. But again, RIO have stated in recent times that they like to be able to buy early stage developments that they can add value to. I don't see PLS fitting RIO's criteria either.

If anyone is to have a crack at PLS, I think it would need to be a huge energy company, or a consortium of say an OEM, Battery company and maybe private equity.

For now, I think PLS is safe from a takeover due it's large size and I personally am holding it long term for dividends and growth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.98
Change
-0.020(0.67%)
Mkt cap ! $8.972B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.92 $2.98 $2.90 $38.78M 13.16M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 15056 $2.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.98 89928 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.