SPL 0.00% 9.5¢ starpharma holdings limited

The worm is starting to turn

1. 357 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    To broaden some minds i've been posting my investment woes and wanted to keep you up to date.
    I have gone all in on RFG and SPL after selling FLT at $28.18ish and TGA between $1.45 and $1.50.

After FLT dogged me and kept going up after what I consider a terrible profit announcement the worm is starting to turn and its now around $28.30ish. Dunno about you but I'd expect the stock to weaken further and hit its 12 month lows either when people wake up to the valuation before or after the dividend is paid.

TGA - its just really out of favour with the market considering the latest regulation changes which reduce TGA's profit and the dark clouds surrounding Centrepay. I just figured i'd take a loss and put money into a company that also has price weakness but with better chances to recover aka RFG. My thoughts about TGA are pretty impartial I dont really have a clue if its going to go up or down from here.

RFG is starting to recover today and with the dividend getting closer i'd expect people to see that its being undervalued and could possibly get to $6 in my opinion by next Tuesday. Its my opinion based on the PE and that the profit guidance for the year remains strong. I'd expect people to get excited about the dividend as it increased and may expect the growth target to be achieved. Short term I am optomistic, long term I will keep monitoring and re-evaluating.

SPL - As possibly the longest holding shareholder with a large amount of skin in the game i'd be cautious about being too optomistic about these so called milestone payments. They will be small fries which should not impact much on the share price. Wait until the later stage milestone payments to get excited in my opinion. Agrochemicals, i'd put on the ignore list until anybody hears about revenue coming in. DEP technology is interesting long term however in the short to medium term its a huge cash burn activity until we can offload the development to a partner.

Vivagel to me is the sole area to look at in the short term and I await the announcment for completion in the next 2 months. After that we may need to wait up to 6 months in my opinion for any further meaningful announcments that add value, just a pie in the sky timeframe hoping something gets sent and reviewed by the FDA.

Oh well, time will tell as usual. I wouldn't recommend investing without doing your own substantial investment analysis. One thing is clear to me is that i'd have been much better off investing in safe blue chip stocks that pay a dividend than staying in a speccy for the last 11 years that has returned nothing at all. Starpharma will always have tech that we are excited about, but the key to our success is the execution and transferring some of the risk to our partners at a reasonable price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.17M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50000 9.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.8¢ 65000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.