This is society breaking down, page-107

1. 80,978 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    having a philosophy of 'always look on the bright side of life' ----------- might be (might) fine for a living philosophy -- I've no argument there

having that same philosophy if one is in a car which is heading at high speed for the very big cliff edge -

is a totally different issue

stuff thinking on the bright side of life -----------

what one needs at that point to be doing is to be noticing that the car is indeed hurtling for the cliff edge

next priority is measuring things - looking at options, calculating if some braking can be applied or a change of direction can be enabled
    then, if that's out - calculating if one could survive by being in a seatbelt and if the airbags would save one or if jumping out of the car - and, if so, from which door would be the best option.

the last thing one needs is some bloody idiot singing 'always look on the bright side of life'

it seems to me that a lot of people here are as oblivious to these signs of decay - as they were when I spoke of Australia losing it's freedoms and privacy over the last 40 years

of course - now, they are awake to that freedom has gone in many ways - and, unfortunately - once lost - the price to repurchase it - is god almighty high.

So too if one loses one's society - the cost of rebuilding is huge.
    Last edited by pintohoo: 15/08/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.