This is society breaking down, page-307

1. 80,894 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    fascinating story about your kids who became doctors who were not really ??? expected to be etc..

obviously the key is ----------------------------- opportunity. Mr McGoo can see that one - and, so can Germany with free education - for all - including foreigners ----------- my guess is -------- especially foreigners.

I did note in your post "The trick, I think, is to individually find out what those in that predicament are passionate about and set them on that path - everyone has a passion, an asperation."

(spellcheck fail, btw - sounds like blood in a bottle )

one of the biggest things I've seen and experienced in Australia is that children cannot often possibly have a passion or an aspiration ---------------- IF THEY ARE TOTALLY UNAWARE THAT SOME WORLDS EXIST. One cannot have a dream or fantasise about something that one doesn't even know about.

You cannot dream of going into space to explore - if you don't know there is such a place as space. You cannot dream of playing the piano if you have never seen a piano or never heard a piano played or spoken to a piano player

never had the chance to fiddle with keys, never sat with someone who made it magic for you

it is just not possible.

There's the odd bird who comes out from behind - if one looks at say - the movie of 'Rocket Man' - well - Elton had help - he had a grandma. ( bit of a read at the bottom).

Millions of kids have no one - no one magically appears in their life. Many kids get stuck with fathers like Eddie the Eagles father ----------- thankfully, Eddie also had a mother - who was prepared to go for it.

Eddie was sort of lucky - he had this crazy arsed dream ----------- but, millions of kids don't even know about snow or sport or what it can bring or do ------------- there's just this blackness that's called -

normal

and, I can tell you ------------ it's absolutely bloody stifling.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/elton-john-grandmother/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.