SPL 2.11% 9.3¢ starpharma holdings limited

This may not help Vivagel in the USA, page-6

1. 1,169 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 254
    Whether or not you get paid for donations would depend on where you live. I know in the UK, and likely in Australia, donation is not paid. In the US on the other hand nothing is done for free And there are donors. The above article has links to fecal transplant articles in the UK if you want to read.

I think you are vastly underestimating how debilitating some of these conditions can be. BV can completely destroy some women's lives. Imagine not having a sexual partner for decades because you were so mortified by your chronic condition. Which then has a huge flow on effect to mental health problems, antisocial behaviour, etc etc.

I for one would gladly try a FMT to get rid of my gut health problems if it was a readily available treatment. At this stage however more research is needed, the costs are ridiculous, and outcomes hit and miss. Knowledge around the microbiome will continue to improve however, and one day it will be a mainstream treatment IMHO. In fact due to the poor availability of FMT in most countries around the world, there is a growing trend of DIY FMT. I think that goes a long way to demonstrate how much demand there is out there as obviously this is much riskier.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.