Seems to me that he was a person who could see the bigger...

1. 80,818 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    Seems to me that he was a person who could see the bigger picture AND get the details correct.

His vision came from the fact that he could see the advantages in the new techs - the tanks and the air support for both resupply and air for intel.

then, to marry the lot together in a working matrix ------- yes - all very logical in hindsight - but, very new for those days.

Aussies are very very very welcome in this area -- the woman I spoke to on first going into the Monash Centre - she's been here in France for 30 years and she came here to Amiens to be married and hasn't left - she said that the French here really like Ozzies - not so much Brits - but, they were very welcoming to her.
    I told her of my experience in Cambrai - where I got the same kind of reception - including people coming down to see my boat and coming on board.

Lets just say that even though I've got a bus with german number plates on - because there's an Ozzie on board - I'm fine in the carpark for the night

1. Australian National Memorial (and Sir John Monash Centre)
    revamped and reopened in 2018 - a big big deal.

2. Australian Corp Memorial Park (the newer memorial)

3. Good supermarket and fuel.

Screenshot 2021-06-16 191907.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.