Tragic end to family custody battle., page-8

1. 16,786 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    Raider I think society allowed this to happen not intentionally of course but subconsciously.

I went to Bali, decided not to go out for a few reasons, maybe rationale was one part, survived the bomb.

Now some may say I was lucky. That may be true, I certainly count myself as lucky but there is the saying you make your own luck.When I decided not to go out first night in a foreign territory I was factoring risks albeit not terrorist risks.

I ran into a guy recently that goes and does the pokies. He uses a method I never heard before or an uncommon method, not that I am an expert or a pokie player apart from random casual user. He said his mate loses at the pokies and it gets him down while he still plays the pokies regularly to the point he has three of his own pokie machines at his house he plays for fun I guess. Anyway he said his friend should not play because its not healthy/good for him but he plays and only puts in what he can afford to lose and he admits is lucky. When he left me he said you make your own luck.
    In other words this guy, although he knew he was lucky, with experience believed he had an edge whether playing his poke machines at hime or whatever he backed his experience and owned his loses even though luck is involved.

The point is this event was not purely random. In other times other places maybe it would have been prevented. The guy may have been a monster but he had the kids with someone and the connection persisted till this happened. Sadly for politicians and the rest of society it was not prevented and the lack of awareness fostered which is an inditement on us really. Its one of those where you say must have been in USA but this time it was closer to home in Australia and many say you make your own bed!!

One of those events that highlights the disconnection among many of us
    Last edited by DavoMagic: 20/02/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.