TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

So nice to have someone ask me how to cook them - all my friends...

1. 1,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    So nice to have someone ask me how to cook them - all my friends only want to eat them !!

I like my method of cooking as it is very easy and I cook them in batches (about 4 per person) so that you can just put the pan on a plate on the table and it keeps them relatively warm and every few minutes you get up and cook another "batch".

So, I first clean them well (using a pair of 6 inch double pointed nurses scissors). I cut off the head and the tail bit, then cut 2 lines down the back and tack out the "vein" - I know what prawns eat and you don't want to have their "last supper" even if it is cooked well ) I leave the shell on as I believe this keeps them moist and you end up eating with your fingers - "finger-licking good" !

COOKING METHOD:
    I then load up the pan and sprinkle a little olive oil over them and cook them on a medium high heat until I see the pink about a quarter of the way up the side.(probably 2-3 minutes depending on the heat) I then flip them over for about a minute - try not to overcook them as they continue cooking the pan on the table.
    (It is quite acceptable for the chef to sample a few while cooking to make sure that they are done to perfection....)

The sauces are quite important - one squeezed lemon to about a heaped spoon of butter and I like about 4 large cloves of crushed garlic to the same amount of butter with a bit of olive oil added for good luck. I think the Nando's peri-peri sauce is essential and I also insist on using Cardini's Salad dressing on the salad - in fact on ANY salad !

And at these prices you can afford the above feast as long as the prawns last )

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.