XJO 0.85% 7,814.4 s&p/asx 200

Well, must be some kind of record breaker, as SPI Futures traded...

1. 10,741 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2086
    Well, must be some kind of record breaker, as SPI Futures traded in a whopping 419 point range last night, with a high of 5764, low of 5345, and a close this morning of 5432, down 273 points. Yes, I had to double check it.. You kind of know somethings going on, when you have to adjust the chart to 10, then 20, then 50 point increments just to see the bars. Circuit breakers in-play during the night session of the US Futures when she hit the 5 pct threshold, and then during the day when they hit the 7 pct threshold. DOW down 2,013 points, or 7.79 pct, SNP down 7.60 pct, and little old Canada (resource driven), down more at 10.32 pct, so not looking good for the XJO today. VIX up 29.85 pct to 54.46, and is the only long I have at the moment - she got into the 90's during the GFC.

Just a thought. Having cut my teeth during the 1987 crash, when she went down 25 pct in one day, I have often thought that circuit breakers just prolong the agony and increase the panic of those that wish to get out at any cost, which I voiced at the time, whilst I still had a say on various committes, but the 'agenda team' were in full blaimstorming mode, err, sorry, I mean brainstorming mode. Also, having been through every crash since 1987, it always comes back at some point, it's just a matter of how long it takes and whether the PPT gang have enough to throw at it - and at what point they do it - it's picking that point, and not the pointy end of the knife that counts. Can't think of anything funny today, so will just hit the post button. Good Luck out there...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.