SWM 1.39% 17.8¢ seven west media limited

Up or Down ??, page-3822

1. 1,122 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1156
    Yes, they arrive at the valuation based on different EBITDA multiples applied to each area of the business. Ends up coming in at a blended EBITDA multiple of just 4.5x.

It's not an onerous valuation at all, and still gets to 95cps.How to explain the relentless selling pressure on this stock, especially since every price-sensitive announcement in the past 12 months has been positive, and earnings forecasts have only increased?

I suspect its a lack of faith in Stokes's preparedness to play fair. He's not known for sharing - and I think this is why the company is so reluctant to make any commitments regarding dividends or share buybacks.

Warburton is handsomely rewarded by Stokes to do his bidding, so its not like there is any pressure on management to serve retail shareholders.It doesn't matter how much money a company makes if investors are uncertain about if and when any will be distributed.

The more cash a company holds, the bigger are the executive salaries and the higher chance of doing a stupid deal(s) in order to continue building their empires.

We need vocal shareholders to make it clear that we've waited long enough for cash to be distributed ...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SWM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.8¢
Change
-0.003(1.39%)
Mkt cap ! $277.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.0¢ 18.0¢ 17.5¢ $157.7K 898.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
26 719226 17.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 851073 21
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.00pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SWM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.