CPH 0.00% 0.9¢ creso pharma limited

It's just spin, not genuinely positive news. It has been years,...

1. 5,368 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2099
    It's just spin, not genuinely positive news.

It has been years, not just the last few weeks. This is the constant state of CPH. Constant hype, sometimes it generates enough excitement to induce rallies and allow successful capital raisings, but over time the share price dwindles as there is no actual substance. There are many companies which operate with this model. The company directors get paid huge wages and benefits despite the company never generating positive cashflow. They get very wealthy (take a look at what the directors of CPH pay themselves, and that's literally your money they're putting in their own pockets).

The company is losing a huge amount of money. It only exists because they continue to convince people to throw more money at it. Why would you expect a rerate?

Think about the 'positive news' you're talking about. They made a giant song and dance about 300k in sales as if this was some kind of success, while their expenses are over $30 million! Give me $30 million and I'll very easily manage a heck of a lot more than 300k in sales in any industry to like, and I'll also be able to budget in a team of spin doctors to make the story sound good to anyone who doesn't bother to look at the figures closely.

These company announcements are not made by unbiased people who are trying to inform you in a balanced way. They are literally written by the company with the desire to make you excitedly think the company is successful. Even the 'news' you see in the media about the company is literally produced and paid for by the company. When you put your money into this company you are literally paying for the company to produce this material to convince you that you made a good decision and to convince others to put their money into the company.

Your job should be to look at the company properly. Read the quarterlies and make sense of them. Scrutinise everything they say, look at the numbers and independently calculate how much you think they are going to earn and come up with an estimate of what the company is worth, calculate a share price target based on that, and see how it compares with the current share price. I'd actually bet none of the shareholders here who honestly believe the company has a bright future have actually bothered to do that. They just seem to see the headlines and buzz words etc in the announcements and get excited about them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CPH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.